JEFFREY TRAURIG focuses his practice on corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, insolvency and commercial law matters. Jeff advises corporate debtors in financial distress and helps creditors seeking to protect their rights in transactions with companies at risk. For more than 20 years, Jeff has represented clients in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases throughout the United States.
Jeff’s experience includes representing corporate debtors, section 363 asset sales and purchasers, defending clients in avoidance actions and protecting secured creditors and the rights of vendors. He has represented clients, individually or as part of teams, in cases such as CEC Entertainment, Inc., Sears Holding Corporation, SunEdison, Inc., Mattress Firm, Inc., Toys R Us, Inc., Louisiana Medical Center and Heart Hospital, LLC, Interfaith Medical Center, Saint Vincents Catholic Medical Centers of New York, Chrysler, Collins & Aikman Corporation, Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center, Cabrini Medical Center, Fortunoff Fine Jewelry and Silverware, Refco, Parmalat USA, Jazz, Inc., Safety-Kleen Corporation, Levitz Furniture Incorporated and Marvel Entertainment Group.
Jeff is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey and Michigan and in the District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District Court and Bankruptcy Court of New Jersey. He began his career as a law clerk for the Honorable Stan Bernstein in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Jeff also is included on the register of mediators for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
· Represented debtors and creditors committees in large Chapter 11 cases
· Represented defendants in bankruptcy avoidance actions including preference and fraudulent transfer actions
· Represented Chapter 7 Trustee in Southern District of New York to recover assets for debtors’ estates
· Represented vendor and trade creditors
· Represented Patient Care Ombudsman
Professional And Community Involvement
· Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute
· Member of the New York City Bar Association
· Member of the Association of Jewish Attorneys
· New Jersey
· New York
· District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts for:
Eastern District of Michigan
Eastern District of New York
Southern District of New York
· University of Michigan
· Columbia University School of Law